As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
From the very first version of the Nike Air Force 1 that has been released in 1982, it has gone a long way and is now being currently considered one of the most favored product lines of Nike.
The Nike Air Force 1 ’07 men’s basketball shoe, like its predecessors, was able to live up with the expectations of the buyers. It has shown various changes in design and improvement in technology while making sure that the same high quality can be enjoyed.
Nike Air Force 1 Mid Features
- The shoe comes with an AF-1 ’82 metal tag, which is considered a way of honoring the first release of the said shoe in 1982
- Generally speaking, the shoe sports a stylish appeal while being true to its roots. This is considered to be an excellent innovation of what can be already considered as one of the classics in the marketplace.
- It is made with leather and textile upper, a combination that is known not only for being able to offer a high level of durability, but also a sense of style.
- It is designed with perforations, which is indicative of being able to provide ventilation. With this, you can expect the shoe to provide sufficient ventilation in order to keep the feet dry. This is very important as many basketball players are having problems with excessive sweating, even on the foot. By being well-ventilated, it promotes comfort and prevent foot odor.
- Another thing that is worth noting about this shoe is the addition of pivot points that are placed on the heel and the forefoot. This offers the benefit of being able to enjoy smooth transitioning, regardless of the direction where you will move.
- The shoe also comes with a non-marking rubber outsole, which is a common feature in many of the basketball shoes from Nike. This makes it possible to deliver exceptional traction in different types of floor surfaces. It also helps make the shoe more durable and be able to withstand frequent and tough use.
Nike Air Force 1 Mid On Feet + Review
Even after decades of Air Force 1 shoes, people still believe that they work almost effortlessly on the basketball court to this day. Some users also reported that the lower cut version is comfortable to wear throughout the day. The durability is another big advantage of these Nike shoes as well and continues to impress many buyers.
With a variety of different colorways available, it offers multi-purpose appeal and style that people can’t just glaze over. It offers a stylish and iconic flair that you just don’t get with many other shoe options available today.
What People Liked
- Padded collar that provides comfortable fit
- Classic design with a modern take
- Clean look
- Very comfortable
What People Disliked
- Width is not appropriate for people with narrow feet
- Plain color that some find boring
- Some buyers reported that the colorways might look different in person
- Some also feel that the shoes are a bit heavy and bulky
Who Should Buy?
This is the perfect product for people who are looking for basketball shoes that cannot be only used when playing in the court but can also be worn casually when going out. Many of its users have enjoyed its versatile design, which makes it an excellent choice if you are looking for a pair of shoe that is not to be solely used for playing hoops.
This pair is a modern take on the classic shoe from Nike. While it has been introduced several years ago already, it is still an unmatched option in the product category, as proven by the positive reviews that have been shared by many of its users. This can provide you with the guarantee that you will be satisfied if such will be chosen.
Choosing Basketball Shoes
When you are in the market for new basketball shoes, there are several factors you want to keep in mind. Basketball involves a lot of running, jumping, and quick direction changes which all require that you have a good pair of shoes to achieve.
Basketball shoes should be chosen based on a player’s style. For example, if you are known for those quick changes and find yourself running fast, then you will want to have a lighter weight shoe that still offers moderate air cushioning for comfort and allows for the flexibility and support you need on the court.
If you are a power player, on the other hand, you want a heavier shoe that offers more in the way of stability, durability, and ankle support. Many basketball players actually prefer the low cut shoes because they are far less restrictive. The Nike Air Force 1 shoes definitely check these boxes.
You also need to consider the sole of the footwear. The sole should be made with a rubber pattern that will better grip the floor as you play and provide you with the traction you need to stay grounded. Some are even designed specifically for outdoor play and have heavier soles.
Difference Between Basketball Shoes and Tennis Shoes
The Nike Air Force 1 shoes are great for basketball, but what exactly is the difference between these athletic shoes compared to tennis shoes?
Tennis shoes often have a lower top so they can remain lightweight and not rub against your ankle as you participate in activities. Basketball shoes, on the other hand, typically have a high-top, mid-top, and low-top versions like the Air Force 1 shoes.
The sole of basketball shoes usually have a herringbone pattern that allows for more traction for those sudden starts and stops that are common during a basketball game. They are also designed for outdoor play as well and have heavier soles that are more durable.
Tennis shoes have different sole variations, and the choice usually comes down to what you are doing while you wear them. You can also find that same herringbone pattern with tennis shoes and can be used on a hard indoor court, but tennis shoes lack the other features that basketball shoes have that make them better for players. For example, they aren’t nearly as durable and end up seeing a lot more wear and tear when worn on the court.
The Air Force One line of shoes has been a very popular athletic shoe choice for many for decades. It is an iconic shoe that continues to dominate the market. They are suitable for both street play as well as professional play and have even been worn by top NBA players on the court.
So, while these shoes may be on the pricier side, you will come to find out very quickly that the high price tag is definitely worth it. With these shoes, you are purchasing value and quality and will have a pair of shoes that are durable and comfortable to wear on and off the court, and that really is the trademark of any good shoe.
Nike Air Force 1 ’07
- Our Ratings