As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why do people wear hoodies and how much do you value your customized basketball hoodies? These might sound like trivial questions to some but to a great majority of basketball fans around the world, they are as real as it gets. You have probably seen it on TV or in a movie somewhere – when a couple breaks up or goes through a rough patch, strangely enough one of the biggest bones of contention is almost always a hoodie or a sweatshirt; one party doesn’t want to give back the other’s customized hoodie. It makes you wonder just how important these things are?
Why Do People Wear Customized Basketball Hoodies?
Much like every other piece of customized basketball gear, most people own and wear them for a few very good and personal reasons. For the most part, it has something to do with a show of allegiance to a specific team. Every avid supporter is proud of their team and would love to show that pride to the rest of the world. One of the best ways to do that is to wear something branded with that teams’ logo and colors. What better than a customized hoodie?
You might ask yourself – but why a hoodie? There are, after all, other attire and gear that can be used to show allegiance. Here are some other excellent reasons why hoodies could just be some much better than any other piece of gear or apparel:
- They are perfect for exercising and jogging: If you like to do more than just support your basketball team then there is a good chance that you play as well as exercise sometimes. Wearing a hoodie is an excellent way to keep your body covered when exercising or jogging. For ladies in particular, a hoodie does a good job of covering up “everything” as well as ensuring that you don’t have any wardrobe malfunctions when jogging or jumping about. Also, since hoodies tend to be “all-encompassing”, they cause you to sweat a lot which is a good way to detoxify.
- It gives you much needed freedom: To layer underneath or not to layer? That is the question. When you have a customized hoodie, the answer to that question is virtually irrelevant. With a hoodie, you can wear a lot of layers underneath or nothing at all and no one will be the wiser.
- You don’t have to worry about how it looks: By show of hands, how many people get so self-conscious about their legs or arms that they can’t wear that beautifully customized jersey without a t-shirt underneath or those team branded shorts? The thing about hoodies is that you don’t have to worry about how you look because there just isn’t any standard as to how they should look when worn. All you have to do is put them on and just be!
Best of all, however, wearing the best customized basketball hoodie gives you a sense of belonging. Everywhere you go people will identify you with the brand or logo of the team you support. Depending on how good the team is, some of that prowess will inadvertently be passed on to you. You will probably get nods of acknowledgment from fellow supporters and a bit of sass from rivals. That feeling of belonging to a particular organization; team; brand is absolutely amazing.
How to Choose the Right Kind of Basketball Hoodie to Customize?
As awesome as they generally are, not all hoodies are created equal. If you want your basketball team to stand out, there are a few things that you must consider when choosing the kind of hoodie to customize:
The Hoodie Style
There are two styles of hoodie to pick: the pullover hoodie and the full-zip hoodie. Although, if you look around you can probably find a quarter-zip hoodie, side-zips, button-down and a host of other alternatives from eccentric designers. However, the most common styles are pullover and full-zip hoodies. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of choosing either one:
Advantages of Pullover Hoodies:
- They tend to be warmer
- They are easy to customize and print across the chest
- They don’t give you a “temperature control” option. You either keep them on or take them off
Advantages of Full-zip Hoodies:
- They are more fashion-forward
- You can “temperature control” by zipping down or up as necessary
- They offer you a more versatile sense of fashion since you can wear them zipped up or open
- The zippers tend to break from time to time
- They are a little problematic to customize across the chest area
Another important consideration to keep in mind is the type of fabric used in making the hoodie. For the most part you will find that hoodies are made out of soft fabrics such as cotton. However, there are hoodies that are designed to offer you moisture-wicking properties and as such are made out of polyester. There are also hoodies that take on a blend of both cotton and polyester which gives you the best of both worlds.
How Do You Customize a Hoodie?
Although it might sound complicated to begin with, the process of customizing a hoodie is rather simple. Here are the steps that you must take:
- Choose the right basketball hoodie customization company: There are number of companies that can help you customize your hoodies and any other type of attire you want online.
- Choose the style of hoodies you want customized: You need to remember that customizing a pullover hoodie will be slightly easier than customizing a zip-up but they both can be customized.
- Choose the customization parameters: Once you have decided on the style and fabric of hoodie to be customized, it’s time to choose the customization parameters. These involve the colors, logos and other prints to be included.
The thing about many of these basketball hoodie customization platforms is that they will give you some guidance depending on what you choose. Each step will illuminate some best practices to help you get the best possible results. Once you are done with the results, all you have to do is pay and wait for your customized hoodies to be delivered.