As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What do you think is the most effective way to identify your favorite NBA team? Some people may say that it’s through their highest scoring point guard. Which is all well and good but point guards get traded all the time? Other’s may say that it’s through the coach. Which works as well but coaches move on or retire. So which is the best, most stable and permanent way to identify your favorite NBA team? Through their customized jersey’s, uniforms and team logo.
These are symbols that hardly ever change. Especially the logo. It’s true that uniform and jersey designs might change but the team colors and logos almost always remain the same. That is one of the main reason why every professional outfit has its own customized team jersey, uniform and logo. It is also why you should design and get one for your basketball team.
Why Design Your Own Custom Basketball Jerseys and Uniforms?
Team uniforms in general are quite important for a few very good reasons:
- It gives the team an identity: This goes three ways – as a player, you need to know who you are passing the ball to whenever you are playing against opponents on the court. While you might know all your team mates by name, that millisecond it takes to identify them could very well cost you your move. Uniforms are therefore a much faster way for team members to identify each other during play. It is also important for the home and away supporters to know who they are rooting for as professional outfits tend to change players a lot. Finally, the uniform is what gives the players their identity. As soon as they put on that uniform they know that they are representing something much bigger than themselves. A team.
- It fosters team unity: At some level, everyone who is wearing the same uniform as you are part of your family – your team. You know that they are working with you towards the same goal – winning.
- It creates a sense of equality: Granted, there are players in every team who are more talented than others. Now imagine dressing those players up in different types of attire to show their prowess or status? That would be demoralizing for other players. That is why teams wear the same uniform throughout the ranks. Whether they are starters, point guards or even benchwarmers. That uniform gives them all a sense of equality. It tells them that every member is important.
Finally, a customized team uniform gives the fans an opportunity to show their support and allegiance. By donning the uniforms or jerseys of their favorite teams, the fans are publicly announcing their stance. Not only is that great for team morale but it also gives the fans a sense of pride and belonging. It is part of what drives people to support their favorite teams.
How Much Do Custom Basketball Jerseys and Uniforms Cost?
Now, the truth is that, how much a custom basketball jersey or uniform will cost depends on a number of varied factors. However, it can be stated that a beautifully designed and customized basketball team jersey should cost you anywhere between $20 – $100. Let’s look at some of the factors that will create that vast price fluctuation:
Design Company or Platform
The very first thing that will cause a price fluctuation is the company you choose to go with when designing your custom basketball jersey. There are very many companies that can help you do this online. They have very easy to use platforms but each one of them has its own type of pricing.
The Type of Printing You Choose
You can either go for something called “screen printing” which is a method that has long been used in the industry. This option is often cheaper by a good $20 and you can easily find a company that charges anywhere between $20 – $70 per jersey. The problem with screen printing is that every kind of customization you want to make will add to the overall cost. If you want to add say 1 or 2 colored logos, then you will be required to pay maybe $5 or $7 respectively. The same goes for everything else.
Or you could choose to go with a different style of production known as “sublimation”. This is where every aspect of the design is infused into the fabric from the start. This means that you need to have your jersey fully designed before it goes to production. We are talking everything from the logos, colors, jersey numbers, stripping, names and any other type of customization you would like.
Once the jersey is produced there are no more changes that can be made to it. Sublimation does cost a bit more (between $40 – $100 per jersey) but it’s more definitive than screen printing that might appear cheaper at first but end up being more expensive depending on the changes you want made. Besides, sublimation offers you sharper and much richer designs.
How Can You Design Your Own Basketball Jersey and Uniform?
The process of designing your own customized basketball jersey is quite simple. All you have to do is:
- Choose the right partner in terms of custom uniform production platform. A good example would be a company and platform like BLK Sports where you can design your own uniforms.
- Choose the right template for your customized jerseys.
- Make the necessary changes starting with the colors, logos and so on.
- Choose the sizes and type of material you want used.
- Make any final changes and then confirm the design and place your order.
The beauty about using these platforms is that they are quite easy to maneuver and many of the companies even have staff on hand to help you with the design should you need them. Once you have placed your order and paid, you have to wait for the stipulated duration (often a week or so) for your uniforms to be manufactured and delivered. That is all there is to it!