Last Updated: May 01. Playing basketball outdoors is definitely different from playing indoors. The material of the court is rougher and the environment is way different from indoors. There are elements you won’t be able to control. That being said, you will need to have the best outdoor basketball when playing out of the regular courts. Here is a comprehensive shopping guide to help you out.
Top 5 Outdoor Basketball 2016 Comparison Chart & Reviews
5, 6, 7
Spalding NBA Street Review
Spalding is one of the premium sports brands in the market today. The reason why we love Spalding so much is because it makes first rate products for a lesser price. The Spalding NBA Street Basketball has a deep channel that gives a pebbled feel whenever you grip the ball.
This ball can perform more than other outdoor basketballs out there. The material used is of top quality just like other Spalding sports materials. You can play this on the driveway, at a covered court or anywhere in the street and it will still perform great. The wide design channel is what makes it so easy to handle. You can easily find this ball online or in sports stores because of its high demand.
- It’s super affordable compared to other basketballs.
- It is surprisingly durable, too.
- The great rubber feel is great for outdoors like we’ve mentione.
- And it has the NBA logo that makes it stylish and professional looking.
- You can easily inflate it as well.
Spalding NBA Replica Review
Now if you’re looking for a great outdoor basketball but you’re quite tight on the budget, then you must purchase the Spalding NBA Replica Outdoor Basketball. The surface is made of mimic leather or leatherette as others would like to call it and is actually pretty good because it still gives that rubbery touch as the original. It also features the wide channel design and superior grip and feel.
The one thing we noticed about the Spalding NBA Replica Rubber Outdoor Basketball is that you don’ really need to inflate it every now and then. Not like other basketballs that need to be inflated at least every 5 months. The material used is very much like the real thing. Moreover, someone can pass you the ball and you can do a lay-up straight ahead without the ball falling from your hand. It is very easy to handle indeed. It still has the NBA logo that we all love plus the signature of David Stern thus, you will still feel like a professional playing with it.
- It looks like the genuine thing. There is not much air needed.
- It’s pretty durable given that it can be bought for such a low price and it helps you practice ball handling great.
- It does not need to be inflated every now and then.
- It’s unbelievably affordable.
- Well, it’s still not the real deal and you will always prefer the original over this one.
- Don’t expect it to last that long especially if you play way too much outdoor basketball.
- This is not the ball for people with smaller hands
Spalding 73-132 Pink & Purple NBA Street Review
Not your regular basketball at all. The Spalding 73-132 Pink & Purple NBA Street Basketball is in a different color, obviously. It has a performance outdoor cover and a wide channel design for the great grip you want. And most of all, it’s designed for that rough competitive street play.
Pink and purple is not the contemporary basketball color but guess what, the girls love it and they want more of it! This is one of the best outdoor basketballs that are being sold out because girls just love them so much. In contrary to popular belief, there are a lot of women in different age brackets that are actually very passionate about the sport.
- It’s what lady aspiring basketball players call as “cute” because of its color. It is perfect for females of any age.
- In fact, we believe this ball is manufactured for women, obviously, again. It’s great for indoor basketball, too.
- This ball will deflate from time to time.
- It does not have premium bounce. It won’t last that long. In fact, if you don’t take good care of it, you are pretty much wasting your cash.
- We know it says outdoors but you have to be really careful where you choose to play the game. Rough terrains may be too much and might wear it out.
Spalding NBA Cross Traxxion Review
This outdoor basketball is also available in pink and purple just like the previous one. It has a performance rubber cover and has a Patented 2-panel trend design. It looks quite dainty but Spalding ensures that this basketball is made for the outdoors. It also has the same size and weight as the official NBA ball.
- It has high quality for a very cheap price.
- This is a family basketball that is great for recreational play.
- There is a report in inconsistency.
- Some of the manufactured balls need to be pumped from time to time while some don’t.
Wilson NCAA Wave Review
The Wilson NCAA Wave Microfiber Composite Basketball has a Wave Triple Threat Technology that incorporates 24 additional T3 grooves that allow better ball control in the hard court. These grooves also help in making sure that dirt does not build up that much. This ball can be used indoors and outdoors.
- It bounces perfectly and feels great on the court.
- It has a very powerful grip.
- Not to mention, this basketball from Wilson is very stylish.
- This ball cannot take a beating.
- If you use it for 2 weeks straight, you will start to notice a little bit of wear and tear.
- It is not the most durable outdoor basketball at all.
The best outdoor basketball that is perfect for your outdoor court is definitely one those 5 listed above. We put together this list based on several factors such as grip,
Last Updated: May 01.