High-quality compression sportswear like compression pants and shorts are common for many athletes, basketball players, and most other sports people. This is because compression clothing has a plethora have health benefits while even improving skill levels. When worn, high-quality compression gear doesn't necessarily improve performance.
However, if you wear compression pants and shorts, they help improve blood circulation and blood flow and oxygen in the legs, aid in muscle recovery, reduces skin irritation in the groin area and can help reduce the risk of muscle soreness and sports-related injuries.
There are a lot of different brands on the market made from different materials like spandex shorts and the latest hexpad technology. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the most popular compression gear out there.
1. Compression Pants - Men's Tights Base Layer Leggings, Best Running/ Workout made by Compression Z. These compression pants are made with fabric designed to keep the skin cool and dry by wicking away moisture. The flat-lock stitching provides lots of mobility and anti-irritant properties. The pants come in a wide variety of colors as well. The most promising review from a verified purchaser praises the pants ability to keep them warm in cool weather and the comfortable material. These compression pants cost around $25 USD.
2. Men's Elite MCS Compression Tights made by 2XU. These compression pants are made up of 80% nylon and 20% elastane. The compression pants target core muscle areas to promote muscle recovery. The most promising review from a verified purchaser includes a video demonstration of the compression pants where they also highly recommend them. These compression pants cost between $80 and $120 USD.
3. Men's Compression Baselayer Pants Cool Dry Sports made by TSLA. These multi-seasonal compression pants will keep people warm in the cold months and cool in the hotter months. They are made up of 87% polyester and 13% spandex with excellent air circulation. The compression pants come in a wide variety of color options as well. They can also effectively safeguard your skin from harmful UV rays while you are outdoors playing basketball. The compression pants cost around $15 USD on Amazon.
4. DUAL (All-Season) Men’s Compression Leggings / Pants - Base Layer Tights made by SUB Sports. Made up of 82% nylon and 18% elastane, these compression pants feature moisture-wicking material and have UV protection. They come in a wide variety of colors such as various shades of blue, red, gray, purple, and more. The most promising review from a verified purchaser expresses that the product is of great quality at a great price. These compression pants cost under $50 USD.
5. Men's HeatGear Armour Compression Leggings made by Under Armour. These compression pants are made up of 84% polyester and 16% elastane. The pants are able to be worn all day due to their added comfort. The fabric wicks away moisture, keeping the skin cool and dry throughout the activity. The fabric also has 30+ UV protection. The most promising review from a verified purchaser who said: “they compress well against the joints and has multiple pairs in different colors.” These pants cost between $20 and $88 USD.
6. Compression Shorts - Men's Boxer Brief - Best for Running, Basketball made by Compression Z. Complete with moisture-wicking fabric, flat-lock seam stitching, anti-itch/odor material, these compression shorts are a popular pair on the market. They come in a few color options as well. The most promising review from a verified purchaser praises the short’s compression when compared to other brands. These compression shorts cost around $30 USD.
7. A200 Men's Compression Half Tights made by Skins. These compression shorts are made up of 75% nylon and 25% elastane. The pants are made out of SKINS warp-knit fabric, which has 50+ UV protection and wicks away moisture. The compression targets the key muscle groups for better circulation and support. The most promising review by a verified purchaser that states the shorts work directly as advertised and that they are great. The shorts cost $25 and $90 USD.
8. Men's Elite Compression Shorts made by 2XU. Made out of 80% nylon and 20% lycra blend, these compression shorts even have extra fabric around the core muscles for extra support. The most promising review from a verified purchaser supports the advertisement of the shorts that it helped relieve fatigue and pain when playing basketball. These shorts cost between $80 and $90 USD.
9. Men's Compression Shorts Baselayer Cool Dry made by Tesla. Made of 87% polyester and 13% spandex, the fabric allows for two-way air circulation to keep the skin cool and dry and odor-free. The flat-lock seam allows for flexibility and the shorts are 50+ UPF protected. The most promising review by a verified purchaser relays that the fabric is great for not chaffing and that they are comfortable. These compression shorts cost under $20 currently on Amazon with a variety of colors to choose from.
10. DRSKIN Compression Cool Dry Sports Pants are made of 92% polyester and 8% spandex. It is a smooth and soft fabric material that allows for the most comfort with little weight and no restriction. They were designed to be worn for a variety of activities including basketball and other all-weather sports. They are non-abrasive, elastic, durable, and breathable. These pants feature moisture sensing, quick time dry, two-way air circulation, and keeps you cool during the summer and warmer during the winter. These compression pants cost under $15 and come in a variety of different colors.
Choosing the Right Compression Pants and Shorts
The clothing items have definitely risen in popularity over the years and are currently available for men, women, and even youth. They are especially popular for those that play basketball because they provide some much needed muscular support for their legs.
Compression shorts are often also used by basketball players to enhance their performance and allow them the most comfort possible during gameplay.
When looking for the best compression shorts and pants, consider the following:
You will want something with sweat-wicking fabric material so that the sweat is taken away from the body and evaporated off the cloth. This helps you remain much cooler while playing. You should also consider finding a material that has antimicrobial properties as well as being odor-resistant.
Length and Quality
Many people prefer that the shorts reach down to the knee while others prefer something much longer. Base layer shorts can be worn under your regular basketball shorts, and the regular type of compression shorts are also a good choice, and you get to reap all the benefits. You should also make sure that whatever you purchase is of good quality. Remember, you get what you pay for.
You want to find something that offers the absolute best compression while also being durable. For this, you want to avoid the cheaper compression shorts and pants because you will quickly find that they are probably a lesser quality and not worth the money you are spending on them.
Colors and Style
Finally, there are several colors and styles you can choose from as well. So, you are sure to find something that fits well with your style and your needs.
Compression shorts and pants for basketball are garments that provide players with muscular support and can help keep your muscles properly aligned. Again, they can also help reduce chafing or irritation there may be as you play and can help improve the circulation in your legs.
When choosing your new pair, make sure they are the proper fit, the color you want, and provide you with all these benefits and more.