Having a great basketball shoe is important. The right shoe will help a player increase their game and prevent injury because they are supporting the feet/ankles and cause no distraction to the play. There are a lot of sneakers on the market and finding the perfect pair can be daunting. Luckily, there are a lot of brands that offer girls’ basketball shoes that are not only supportive but are also affordable, making them the best! Basketball shoes have been developed over the years and have thrown up a few classics such as Air Jordan. However, youth basketball shoes and basketball shoes for girls are not so well known. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the best shoes available on the market for girls that are designed to help prevent injury without compromising quality and at the lowest prices without compromising style.
1. Kids Team Hustle D 7 (GS) Basketball Shoe made by Nike. These brand name basketball shoes are made with traction and support in mind. The soles are made of rubber and have a herringbone pattern to increase traction on the court. The shoe goes up the ankle by three-quarters for better ankle support. The outside of the shoe contains flex grooves which help the player keep a fast pace during play and give them a better range of motion. The shoe costs between $45 and $120 USD.
2. Girls' Pre-School UA Jet Mid Basketball Shoes made by Under Armour. These basketball shoes come up three-quarters for ultimate ankle protection and make it so the foot cannot slip out during play. The shoes are well ventilated with the use of mesh fabric. The top layer of fabric is antimicrobial, meaning that it reduces the chances of breeding odor causing bacteria. The rubber soles have a good grip on the court floor for excellent traction. They cost around $45 USD.
3. Kids Burst Divergent Demi Boot (Little Kid/Big Kid) made by Skechers. These basketball shoes by Skechers are not only stylish, but they provide a lot of comfort. The insole of the shoe is made up of air-cooled memory foam and a special lining to help keep the feet cool and dry. These sneakers cost between $20 and $80 USD.
4. Cloudfoam Ilation Mid K Kids Casual Footwear (Little Kid/Big Kid) made by Adidas NEO. Coming in different color combinations, these sneakers are another great pair for basketball players. The inside of the sneakers is made with a cloudfoam midsole—instantly becoming comfortable and staying comfortable throughout play. The rubber sole allows for good traction on the court and the sneaker comes up the ankle as well for more stability. These basketball shoes cost between $21 and $70 USD.
5. Performance D Rose 6 Boost J Shoe (Big Kid) made by Adidas. Equipped with an EVA midsole cage, these sneakers are all about stability. There is an elastic collar strap that runs across the ankle loop in order to make it easier to slip the shoe on and off when desired. The shoe goes up the ankle for more support and style. It cost between $45 and $110 USD.
6. Kids Jordan 4 Retro Gp Basketball Shoe made by Nike. These shoes offer a lot of stability for a player which will help reduce the risk of a sports-related injury involving the ankle. This is due to the sneaker having a stabilizing strap on both sides that is specifically for ankle support. It is also equipped with a full-length midsole. This basketball shoe cost between $69 and $90 USD.
7. KD 8 Youth Basketball Shoe made by Nike. These shoes are made of up of mostly mesh for breathability and keeping the sneaker lightweight. The cushioning on the inside of the show is made up of a material called Phylon for ultimate comfort. The rubber sole ensures great traction on the court floor as well. They come in a wide variety of stylish color options, too! These basketball shoes cost between $54 and $185 USD.
8. KB82 Y Basketball Sneaker (Little Kid/Big Kid) made by New Balance. These basketball sneakers have good traction and grip on the court floor due to the outsole having a herringbone pattern. The inside is made up of EVA midsole for comfort. The sneaker has a heel with a height of 1.25 inches. The outer fabric of the show is made up of leather and mesh. They cost between $19 and $50 USD.
9. Kids UNBREAKABLE MID Basketball Shoe made by AND1. These sneakers have a one-inch heel, which can give a player a bit more of an advantage. These lace-up sneakers help stabilize the ankle and keep traction. It comes with a few different color options as well for style. These shoes cost under $28 USD.
10. Takala Junior Sneaker (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid) made by Puma. These sneakers by Puma are made with lightweight materials like mesh, which help ventilate the shoe to keep the feet dry and odorless. The shoe laces up fully for the ultimate fit and has a padded tongue. The insole is antimicrobial to keep bacteria from breeding and it is cushiony. They cost under $60 USD.